- The king of love – Jubilate Singers
- I will praise him – Praise Gathering choir
- Be still – Praise Gathering choir
This Sunday 25th November is marked as Abolitionist Sunday. Christians around the world affirm their opposition to slavery and people trafficing. These things still occur today on all kinds of forms. Listen to the story of William Wilberforce, who successfully opposed slavery and its economic drivers in the 19th century.
- All things bright and beautiful – Choir of Paisley Abbey
- Praise my soul – Kings College Choir
- Thine be the glory – All Souls Choir
Listen to the story of Gordon Moyes, superintendent of Sydneys Wesley Mission for many years. His social welfare work was amazing. (3 mins) Broadcast on Songs of Hope on 16Oct16 and 18Nov12.
Hymns are poetry set to music. It is said that poets “suffer for their art” but few know the level of tragedy that was experienced by Horatio Spafford the hymnist who gave us “It is well with my soul”. The events that gave rise to the hymn and Spafford’s response to them exemplifies the comfort and assurance that comes via faith in Christ. Hear the story (and the hymn) for yourself. Broadcast 2012 11 04 on Songs of Hope. Story narrated by Noel Greig.